Ojochal, Costa Rica: The hidden jewel in the jungle
Yes, that headline shows my predilection for Ojochal, it’s true. And I do love Ojochal and Ojochal Costa Rica real estate. The moment I first drove into Ojochal two-plus years ago, I knew this was the area in which I wanted to live.
An Inside Glimpse of Ojochal from the main highway and the main road entering this tiny, tropical town in South Pacific Costa Rica
Our favorite things about Ojochal:
- It’s quiet, quiet, quiet. Tucked back into the endless green neighborhoods, you rarely hear the highway truck noise. Love it!
- Great restaurants: There’s a reason Ojochal has earned the title “Costa Rica’s culinary capital”, and it deserves it. Because a load of French Canadians who knew how to cook came here many moons ago, the bulk of these fine dining establishments are French. Makes sense, doesn’t it?
- For authentic French coffee and pastry: Pancito
- For romance and amazing food: Citrus
- For unusual ambience: Exotica
- For handmade yummy Italian: Mamma e Papa
- For the best ocean-sunset view in the region: El Castillo (it’s a hotel, too)
- For dancing: Sud; go on Tuesday nights when they offer Latin lessons.
- For organic dining: Fusion
- Charming and inexpensive: Terraba
- For great live music (and decent food): Bambu Room
- The brand new FUN Asian joint: Umami
Ojochal is more than just food, but we’ve got so much of it for such a tiny place, that it’s hard to stop talking about it!
What else can you find in Ojochal? Very little, to be honest. A few of our fellow real estate firms, a chiropractor who works out of her home, a couple of yoga instructors, an up and coming wellness center, a handful of hotels, a large hardware store, a public school, a church and a horseback riding tour location.
That’s exactly why I love Ojochal.
For me, as a writer and a consultant (and now a partner in South Pacific Costa Rica Real Estate), it’s an ideal setting for a quiet life and maximum creativity. We love nothing more than to take our dog on a walk down the dirt roads early in the morning or late in the afternoon. It’s fantastic. If this sounds like the Costa Rica paradise you’ve been looking for, contact us.
Ojochal Costa Rica Real Estate
Ojochal is home to a larger number of luxury homes and larger homes than Uvita or Dominical (in our opinion), and as such, prices tend to reflect that. Larger size, sometimes bigger price for many places (in Ojochal Costa Rica real estate). Lots in this area tend to be larger, as well, depending on the neighborhood. If you are looking for more land around your residence, Ojochal will most likely be where you want to focus.
Many of our retirement age clients prefer Ojochal for the reasons I’ve described above. And while it’s lovely – I would be remiss if I didn’t say that it’s not very exciting either – Ojochal pretty much shuts down after 8 p.m., as most of the residents get up at sunrise and tuck in early. But then if you want excitement, you can head a few miles North to Uvita or Domi. 🙂